Austin Thomas Smith
a unique blend of entrepreneurial, consulting and managerial experience. A
dynamic leader with a passion for technology and focus on execution with
demonstrated experience in taking vaguely defined tasks, establishing a clear
vision/strategy and delivering impactful results. A skilled negotiator and deal‐maker
successful at building corporate value for Fortune 100 companies.
S K I L L S
- Creative Problem Solving/Thinking
- Project Management/Delivery
- 7‐ and 8‐
Figure Deal Negotiation
- Major Contract Negotiation
- Supply Chain/Sourcing Strategy
- Strategic Vendor/Client
- Technology Planning and
- P&L Planning and Analysis
- Program Implementation Planning
- Software Development/
- Outsourcing Strategy/Contract
I N D U S T R I E S
Manufacturing, Market Research, Media and Entertainment, Publications, Retail,
Travel and Transportation
E X P E R I E N C E
Aug 2007 – Present
Sr. Sourcing Manager
| Nielsen | Atlanta, GA (Remote)
- Delivered $15MM of EBITA and
$13MM in Capital savings during a 4‐year company
turnaround increasing Market valuation by $150MM.
- Responsible for strategic
supplier relationships and implementing sustainable cost savings
strategies for $300MM in Technology ‐ Software,
Hardware and Services.
- Previously responsible for $200MM
in Professional Services spend in the areas of Finance, HR, Consulting,
Insurance, and Technology supporting 35,000 employees globally; Prior to
that, responsible for $150MM Global T&E spend to support over 10,000
- Team leader; corporate sourcing
representative to CIO, Chief Engineer, CTO and CFO.
- Consistently the highest ranked
among peers; reports to VP Global Sourcing.
Jan 2005 – Aug
Managing Consultant |
IBM Corporation | Atlanta, GA (Remote)
- Responsible for engagements
impacting $500MM across several Fortune 100 customers.
- Led strategic efforts for clients
to reduce supply chain expenses, source/implement technologies and improve
- North American industry expert in
travel and expense management.
- Priced, sold and delivered
- Client relationships at VP, SVP,
and EVP levels.
- Consistently highly ranked;
promoted from Senior Consultant; reported to Partner.
May 2003 – Jan
President | Tangent Interactive LLC | Tucson, AZ
- Co‐Founded a
company that served web‐based technology
needs of local companies.
- Configured, customized and
implemented a cloud‐based ERP and e‐commerce
system for a $20MM manufacturing firm improving quality and reducing cycle
- Met the demanding objectives of
over 20 client engagements stemming from web design, web application
development, and custom web tools.
- Established profitable business
model by leveraging subcontractors.
E D U C A T I O N
Sept 2000 – May
University of Arizona
| Eller College of Management | Tucson, AZ
Graduated Cum Laude (4.0
Major GPA) with a BS in Management Information Systems and a Minor study in
List, Sigma Alpha Epsilon Alumni, and Eller College Alumni Association